Sunday, January 1, 2012

Year in Review


1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
I began standing up for myself, usually in the form of polite confrontation.  I basically asked for what I needed, and followed through.  I also spent a year as a stay at home mom.
I also feel compelled to add that I skied for the first time in three seasons. Took swim lessons with kiddo.  Nursed a toddler.
I also think that I grew up, or really grew into myself.  
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

Didn't really make them last year, but will make them this year.  And I will try to follow them.  
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Friend and cousin.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.
5. What countries did you visit?
Countries and states:  New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Mexico, Georgia, North Carolina, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, Wyoming, Tennessee.  I traveled more with a baby than in the five years before the baby.  That is backwards.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A newborn baby.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 28th, lost a dog.
Dec 15th, miscarriage.
March  Bought a house, Went to an important retirement party, 
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

I simply stayed sane.  Bought a house.  Raised a toddler.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I often spent too much money, and did it as a coping mechanism.  Stressed and long days with baby?  I bought stuff online!  Well, as I said, I stayed sane.  I also had some not-my-finest moments parenting.  
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A car!  The ability to easily go places with my child is an unparalleled sense of freedom.  
12. Where did most of your money go?
House, car, bags, stuff for house.
13. What did you get really excited about?
This year was excitement after excitement.  Traveling, seeing people, internet fun, moving, unpacking, body care, new car, watching baby grow up, and the list goes on.  
14. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Barefoot Blue Jean Night, Tonight Tonight, You and Tequila, Colder Weather, 
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:

– happier or sadder?  Happier.
– thinner or fatter?  Thinner, but not enough.
– richer or poorer? Both.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Get out of the house.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Cleaning, or worrying about cleaning.  Maybe just less worrying in general.
18. How did you spend Christmas?
The 15 people on my mom's side of the family came to visit!  That was awesome and insane.  And went too fast.  
19. What was your favorite TV program?
Bones, thanks to Netflix.  
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
I did not read as much as I wish I had.  But I did finally get a library card and start going there.  So that is nice.  
21. What was your favorite music from this year?

See songs above.  We listened to a lot of radio and Pandora, since I needed to hear some real words, not just babbling.  
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
Netflix streaming TV shows was more relevant than the movies.  Another year movies may be more important again.  Oh, I guess we did finally finish the Harry Potter series of movies, which was very important to us.  
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 33, and have no recollection of what I did.  
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Doing better at losing weight.  Not learning how hard it was to deal with a hangover and a toddler at the same time.  
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Comfortable.
26. What kept you sane?
Online shopping, my mother, Skype, my iPod touch, my camera (shrieking baby?  video it!), netflix, music, Facebook, twitter, my husband and baby girl.  
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.

Kindness is the most important thing in my world.  



No comments:

Post a Comment